High-Strength Rail Steel Since 1938
Now the East Coast's leading producer of high-strength rail steel, Jersey Shore Steel Company was founded by John A. Schultz in 1938 and saw a first-year production of 15,000 tons of product. After Schultz's death in 1943, the business was run by Schultz's sons Charles and John A. Jr., who oversaw massive expansion until their deaths in 1980 and 1991, respectively.
It was under the leadership of the Schultz brothers that Jersey Shore Steel rebuilt itself from a devastating fire in 1963 and began rolling steel in a matter of months. The brothers' commitment to Jersey Shore Steel was again evidenced in 1972 when the company was able to quickly recover from one of the worst floods of the century. In 1984, Jersey Shore Steel reached an all-time production high of 100,000 tons of steel angle.
A Commitment to the Future of Jersey Shore Steel
Today, Jersey Shore Steel is owned and operated by Jack and Peter Schultz, the third generation of Schultzes to run the family business. The company has come a long way since our first-year production numbers, and today our modern updated mill has an annual capacity of 170,000 tons. Our past and future success will continue to be a result of three generations of hands-on ownership coupled with a dedicated workforce, and we look forward to continued expansion as we meet the needs of new customers around the world. To learn more about Jersey Shore Steel, email us us today or call 800-833-0277.
- About Us
- About Us
- Company News
- Supporting Trade Development
- Jersey Shore Steel Receives 2015 Silver Level Supplier Award
- Jersey Shore Steel once again finalist for international award
- Jack Schultz named "Top 100 People of 2014" in Central PA!
- E-power Energy-Smart Business Honor Roll
- Jersey Shore steel producer finalist for international award
- PA Steel Alliance
- Happy 75th! Jersey Shore Steel Celebrates with carnival
- Celebrating 75 Years
- Jersey Shore Steel wins Pa. environmental award
- Jersey Shore Steel a finalist for two awards
- Inaugural Global Metals Awards
- Jersey Shore Steel Wins Governor’s Award, International Recognition
- Jersey Shore Steel recognized for environmental practices
- World's greenest steel mill found in region
- Steps to Achieve a "Carbon Negative" Footprint
- Global Green Steel Strategies Conference
- JSS focuses on green manufacturing
- Jersey Shore Produces Performance-Tested, "Green" Angle Steel
- Jersey Shore Steel Offers Furniture and Mattress Retailers a Truly “Green Steel” Story
- In the news: 'Green Steel'
- Company Values
- Community Involvement
- Green Initiatives
- Our Facility
- Quality Policy
- Our Service
- Affiliated Web Sites
- Made in the USA
- Rail Steel Angle